Rheology Engineer / Plastic Molding Specialist
Location: Rennes, France
Mission: You will be responsible for the optimization of current molding process development, follow-up of all molding steps including tooling with the suppliers. You have experience on rheology simulation tools and measuring equipment to optimize molding parameters and solutions. You will generate reports on tooling performance, molding trials, generate specifications and contribute to the design for manufacturing of the optical and mechanical components. You will bring new and innovative ideas to improve the technology roadmap and contribute to the patent filing process. You will travel to customers, suppliers, and participate in scientific and technical conferences and tradeshows when necessary.
Your knowledge on plastic optics and molding will allow you to become one of the world’s leading experts on molding of high precision optics for the augmented and mixed reality displays.
- Manage current and future work on tooling design, molding and casting of optical or mechanical components designed by the team.
- Responsibility to optimize and follow-up supplier molding activities, including molding machines, machine programs, material selection and trial definition to meet target specifications of the molded optical and mechanical components.
- Establish and strength relationships with material suppliers and other partners and Optinvent’s position in this industry.
- Prepare detailed manufacturing process and supply chain description documents.
- Development of algorithmic tools for performance comparison, optimization and tolerancing dedicated to molded parts.
- Support for the prototyping and fabrication of optical components: Interfacing with manufacturing partners, integration, and performance measurements.
- Design for manufacturing of high-volume optical components.
- The position reports to the CTO of the company.
Profile and Experience :
- Recent graduates and candidates with 1-5 years experience in R&D & successful industrial product development will be considered.
- Strong experience in injection molding or injection compression molding.
- Know-how and experience in rheology simulation tools (Moldex3D, Moldflow).
- Experience in molded plastic optical components is a plus.
- Able to perform mechanical design using software like Solidworks or equivalent
- English proficiency is necessary.
Salary: To be discussed based on experience.
Availability: The position is available immediately.